Travelling Kitteh...

I'm back in Canberra. I no longer live here.  This is the first night I've spent in Canberra in my entire life when the house I live in isn't here in Canberra.  What an odd feeling!  I'm staying at Tom's house tonight and we need to be on the road by 9am tomorrow because it's a long way to the the Peninsula. 
 
Maxie was bowling around Tom's house like it belonged to him within 15 minutes of arriving.  He's pushing his luck though and when he thought too hard about getting up on the bench Tom flicked a face washer at him.  The resulting backflip he executed almost had me on the floor.  The Bad Ass..  Tom has put on a new album, "If You Wait", by London Grammar on.  It's amazing.  Take a listen..  You will love it.  And I have new music for our car trip tomorrow because it is downloading as I type.

Before hitting the road I flew in and out of Royal Randwick to photograph the boom colt Rubick (Encosta de Lago - Sliding Cube) winning the 1st race and Fiorente and Carlton House's exhibition gallop.  Ok, technically I didn't fly...  I drove in an increasingly rattly and still ever so tough and faithful Dan.  I did check my oil and water.   Tyres??   I keep forgetting.

Finally,  he's an adaptable little Bad Ass Kitteh....  Isn't it..   Maxie was always going to have to be a traveling kitty to he able to fit in with out lifestyle. 

Rubick (Encosta de Lago - Sliding Cube) wins at Randwick this afternoon.  He was ridden by Brenton Avdulla and trained by Gerald Ryan.  They can't be more closely related to "My Boy" Manhattan Rain.  Same sire. and out of a daughter of the same dam, who is now deceased.







Traveling Kitty...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses