"The King" - Animal Kingdom arrives at Arrowfield Stud

He's here.  He likes peppermints.  He's tall.  Leggy.  Athletic.  And he's my "New Boy".  He's the American and world champion racehorse, Animal Kingdom.  I was so excited to meet him.  Is there a  little bit of Phar Lap to his looks?  I like to think so....  I fed him some peppermints.  It's important for a girl to bond with her horses.  And with me, I just can't help myself....  It was great to see the stallion staff.  Joe, the stallion manager, who's really ace, joked that he's been practicing "Pinkie's Song", to get ready for my arrival!
"For me, however, the horse that stirred the emotions and provided a moment in time that will be remembered for years to come isn’t even among the 15 Breeders’ Cup winners. He is Animal Kingdom, whose spectacular burst of speed to finish second in the Mile left me in awe of this horse’s ability and fortitude… Animal Kingdom was always destined for greatness".   Steve Haskin.  Blood-Horse.
"It is time to temporarily bid farewell to one of the most gifted and mentally tough Thoroughbreds I've ever been around.  Whatever he accomplishes from this point on, the name Animal Kingdom will always stir memories of a special horse who kept persevering and looking for new worlds to conquer".  Steve Haskin.  Blood-Horse.










 

 























Comments

  1. Bron, No one captures a stallion like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magnificently handsome stallion. It's nice to have such a striking chestnut at Arrowfield ~ I can't wait to see his progeny.

    Congrats to John for his vision in securing this stallion for down under and to Bronwen for always capturing the inherent beauty of the thoroughbred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Paul. Thanx for a lovely message. He's absolutely striking, and shimmers when the sun hits him. I am crossing all my fingers for good weather and pretty light when I'm back with him properly at the end of September.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shots of a beautiful subject! Thank you so much for sharing your excellent photos of Animal Kingdom. Wow! What a horse!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste. He's pretty gorgeous, isn't he. I think he'll be a lot of fun to work with.

      Delete
  4. Oh Bronwen, thank you so much! I miss my red boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like me with the Famous Pony Elaine!!! I miss her desperately too! I will do my best to keep you up to date with him. I'm back up with him at the end of September, and I'm excited about that shoot! xx

      Delete
  5. Your photography is OUTSTANDING! Do you sell prints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There are some images I can sell prints from. Send me an email to bronwen@bronwenhealy.com.au and we can have a chat about it. Regards Bronwen

      Delete
  6. Your photography is spectacular! Do you offer prints for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Broni! You've done it AGAIN! So glad you gave our boy some peppermints -- and that he, in turn, posed amicably for these stirring photos! Hugs from Abigail in Quebec, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abigail!!!! Lovely to hear from you!!! He's just gorgeous, and you know me, I have to bond with my horses, so liked feeding him peppermints! Sunline was a favourite of the Oddfellows peppermints, so he's in good company! xxx Bronnie

      Delete
  8. I've been waiting for your photos of the gorgeous AK. I knew you would do him justice. It's so good to see him looking so happy and healthy. I will always think of him as the one that got away. (from the Triple Crown that is). He will make a great sire and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pics over the years as he proves himself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks great! Now don't forget to send him back to the states come spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous stallion! I can't wait to see his babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i sure would love to see a picture of this horse from the side hard to tell what he looks like with all the front end shots ? John Brocklebank

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses