Struggling home

I feel like I'm wading upstream. I'm 2/3rds of the way home. I'm on my 3rd coffee. My shoulder is swollen and neck my neck is sore. And I'm desperately tired. My eyes want to close. It's been a good weekend but it is a long drive home and a very full day yesterday on top of the 8 hour drive to Scone.

I was touched by all the people who came and said hello. I hope nobody took it personally if I couldn't recall their names. I can be a bit hopeless with names.

I had a little play with Exceed and Excel in his paddock this morning. It's why I'm extra tired because I had to get up early to do it. These Famous Ponies though... I just can't help myself. They are all so special and I can't resist any chance I get to capture candid moments with them.

Home Dan.... In theory we are on the downhill run now. Oh dear. I realise now I didn't check your oil, water of tyres before leaving Scone. And I am too tired now, so I will revert to my usual habit of just hoping for the best.

Comments

  1. Hope you made it home safely and drama .... look forward to the photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Liz, it was a pretty torrid trip, I was just SO tired (and I don't drive well when I am tired, I can feel all my reflexes are so much slower), but there are lovely pics. I will get them up as soon as I can.. xxx

      Delete
  2. Nice to see your photos on the ANZ Bloodstock News this morning, Bron. I'm sure you would have had words of advice for Exceed And Excel regarding Nelly! And most importantly, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan.. I loved your card.. And the envelope! You are adorable. Pictures were lovely, glad you liked what you saw. The stallion boys at Darley wanted to know all about the Famous Pony, and have promised to look after her. They are all so excited and in awe of the occasion. Quite rightly too. I had a lovely birthday! xxx

      Delete
  3. I meant to say "drama free" ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses