The First Day

I wish I could say our first day was a more memorable but it's been very quiet.  I've done some shopping and unpacking.  We had a slow start to the day because Jessica's cough is still persisting and I had a bad night with her.  She's not coughing terribly frequently, but when she does it's difficult for her to breathe. 

We all ended up feeling a worn out by the heat today. Our house is disappointingly hot and the real estate agent is so far silent on the missing roof insulation.  It got to 32 degrees inside and I realise that tomorrow will be worse.  I am under no illusions that this is going to make me feel very shouty before tomorrow is out.

By 4pm it was too hot inside and we were all tired and hot and cross so I piled us all into Dan (who's clutch was smelling terrible and he sounded noisier than normal) and we drove to the beach at Point Leo.  When I came out of the water one of the lifeguards began talking to me.  He was lovely and a really interesting person.  I hope we'll gradually find our feet and it will be nice when we begin meeting some new friends.  We stayed at the beach for a couple of hours and then got fish and chips on our way home for dinner. 

It's still too warm for a cup of tea.  I have managed to find and unpack some of my hard drives, however it gets uncomfortably hot sitting at my desk trying to work.  There is already a stupidly frustrating amount of Lego on the floor.  Our washing machine is coming tomorrow and that's a good thing.  We need to go and get school uniforms tomorrow and run another few errands. as well.  I have to find Carrum Downs and typically I have no idea where that is.  I will get better at all of this.

I know, I know...  iPhones, they are just not real cameras.  I hate using them.
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses