Magic Millions

I'm getting ready to check out of my hotel room and spend a day just wandering around Broadbeach.  Happily I can still use the nice pool here until I leave for the airport.  Here are a few initial images from the Gold Coast adventure.

Firm friends. Tash and I at the Gold Coast.
Love this colt.  This is Lot 434, the sale topper who sold for $1m.  He's by "my boy" Redoute's Choice out of Hades (a daughter of Hasna who I loved).  He was bred and sold by Newhaven Park, and this is John Kelly's son Richard with the colt.


Lot 434 (Redoute's Choice - Hades) - the $1m sale topper









Dancing ponies...  Lot 509
Lot 524

There's a little 'bear pit' spot at the Gold Coast track.  This is the last race.  It's a fun little spot.


Driefontein






Sweet Idea wins the Magic Millions Guineas.  Continuing "my boy" Snitzel's great run.



Unencumbered wins the Magic Millions 2yo Classic.  He's a Testa Rossa colt and bred by Newhaven Park.

















Whittington



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses