9: Tick, tick, tick.....

I'm siting on my little kitchen stool, with Maxie curled, purring, on my lap, as he frequently does when I find myself sitting here. Reflecting on the year gone by, the next 9 days, and the year ahead, and the power of the still image.  Even images that aren't such great quality or resolution can stop me in my tracks, and make my heart turn cold for a moment, as did the one I saw last night.  That is, I guess, the great power, and great gift, of the still photograph.

I watched a little "Bridget Jones" last night: "Fat, balding, middle aged Twits"...  I will have cup of tea, then try to work out what to start packing first today. My office is getting pretty high in the list of what I need to tackle. My desk, as I'm sure you can imagine, is an absolute disaster at the moment...

Which reminds me (actually, I don't need reminding, I am bleeding money still) of the bills I need to pay.  Trying to put off inevitable things, I sit down, try not to wince at my bank account, and pay the electricity bill, the gas bill, and another expensive one that I hope won't keep rising.  I still need to draw a bank cheque for the nice removalist man..  I also hope to be able to look at some new beds for the kids, and Elfa baskets for our clothes.  I'm so sick of broken things....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses