Looking back

As part of my website rebuild, I am going through old images.  It's funny the memories these images bring back.  Many of the Melbourne ones remind me of my best buddy in those days, Natasha Wood.  When we were driving to Flemington on Derby Day last year, I sent her a text message telling her I was just going past her old street and that I missed her.   Then, as per an earlier post, Tash and I recently had an unexpected reunion at the Gold Coast when we were both there photographing the Magic Millions in January.  Today a timely text message lobbed in from her.  We've been phoning and texting each other since I left the Gold Coast.  She's been pretty great over the last 8 weeks or so too. 

Tash and I used to hang out all of Cup week, and were inseparable, before she moved to Qld.  Tash never beat around the bush with her opinions either.  Which is something I always loved about her.  She's fiercely loyal and funny.  It's been lovely keeping in touch better since January.  She's so ace.

The grey champion Schillaci.  1992 Cox Plate
1993 Stanley Wotton Stakes
Hareeba.  1994 G1 VRC Stakes
eune.  Breakfast with the Stars at Moonee Valley.  1995

1995 Caulfield Stakes.  Danewin.
1995 Cox Plate - Octagonal. 
 
1996 Cox Plate. Saintly, Darren Beadman, Bart Cummings.
1996 Melbourne Cup - Saintly.  Tash took a terrific shot of him too.  I still have a copy.

1997 CF Orr Stakes.  The Horse From Heaven, Saintly.

Might and Power wins the 1997 Caulfield Cup by 7 lengths.  My first time using my new Nikon F5.
 
Dane Ripper wins the Cox Plate in 1997
Might and Power wins the Melbourne Cup in 1997
1998 Newmarket Handicap.. The Famous Pony's granddam, Scandinavia, runs 2nd to General Nediym.
Redoute's Choice winning the 1999 Blue Diamond Stakes
1999 Kewney Stakes.  This would have been the last time that Tash and I saw each other.  By the time Sunline returned as a 4yo later than year to win the Cox Plate Tash had moved to Qld.

"My Boy", champion stallion Redoute's Choice wins the 1999 Caulfield Guineas beating another of "my boys" in Testa Rossa.
The great champion Sunline wins her 1st Cox Plate in 1999
Sunline.  Sublime in 2000.

Tash and I at Magic Milions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses