Famous at 25. Black Caviar takes her 2nd TJ Smith Stakes
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I cried after she ran past me. It was all very emotional. The light was tricky, the build up impossible. As ever, the juggernaut that IS Black Caviar gains speed with every turn she makes.
We have been back in lockdown here in Victoria. Lockdown 5.0 to be precise and as a result it made us go back to feeling like sad sacks. After having seen off Lockdown 4.0 a teeny tiny bit triumphantly, where we saw off both Delta and Kappa variants (evil beasts that they are - curse you stinky COVID - curse you), we had literally only just gotten back to work before being very suddenly plunged back into Lockdown 5.0 after the visit of those very nice removalists. 'Thanks very much!!!!' we all shouted indignantly!!!! A key difference with Lockdown 5.0 was that half the country also into lockdown at the same time which made us feel slightly less sad. The Victorian Government doesn't muck about anymore when it comes to outbreaks. Their reaction is swift and severe and not at all namby pamby. I just wish the same logic would be applied to Sydney which continues to deteriorate, much to my dismay. This week we took our first tentative steps out of ...
He's here. He likes peppermints. He's tall. Leggy. Athletic. And he's my "New Boy". He's the American and world champion racehorse, Animal Kingdom. I was so excited to meet him. Is there a little bit of Phar Lap to his looks? I like to think so.... I fed him some peppermints. It's important for a girl to bond with her horses. And with me, I just can't help myself.... It was great to see the stallion staff. Joe, the stallion manager, who's really ace, joked that he's been practicing "Pinkie's Song", to get ready for my arrival! "For me, however, the horse that stirred the emotions and provided a moment in time that will be remembered for years to come isn’t even among the 15 Breeders’ Cup winners. He is Animal Kingdom, whose spectacular burst of speed to finish second in the Mile left me in awe of this horse’s ability and fortitude… Animal Kingdom was always destined for greatness". ...
Black Caviar.. Famously famous. Smashing the track record in the G1 Black Caviar Lightning Stakes. It was great theatre. I know I'm not the only one who wondered if we'd ever see this GREAT racehorse appear on a racetrack again. Overseas travel is fraught with danger. For all the accolades heaped upon recently retired English star Frankel, it should be remembered that the furthest this horse ever travelled was about 200km from his base. Black Caviar could never be accused of not running the gauntlet, or hiding from the opposition, or being a meat pie champion. She's carried weight to win, she's travelled not only all over Australia, winning right and left handed, but she also travelled half way around the world, and won at Royal Ascot. While injured. So to see her back at the track was a special thing. I've of course been lucky, and have spent a number of moments getting close to the Famous Pony, in the proce...
Comments
Post a Comment