Paying the Price

I've had a thoroughly nice day today.  However despite this I suddenly find myself feeling incredibly down about things.  Is it missing out on the day's racing at Rosehill?  I should have been there, that's for sure.  I groaned internally when I saw the result of the George Ryder Stakes.  

In catching up with the day's racing action through the various online sources of the Herald Sun, Facebook and Twitter I came across an article written by Wayne Bennett.  I always liked Wayne.  I don't particularly like Rugby League but found myself in the days that it was on television always drawn to the teams he coached because I thought he was such a great person.  

Wayne Bennett, for whatever strange reason, reminds me a little bit of Clint Eastwood.  Heath's old kindergarten teacher once gave me a great and funny bit of advice.  He said whenever I was faced with a difficult situation or decision to ask myself "What would Clint do??"  

Just a little bit of trivia.....

"That’s the price you pay in relationships.  The greater the relationship, the greater the pain"   Wayne Bennett

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses