Meetings

This week, and next, seems to be all about meetings.  On Monday there are important people to meet, and I'm doing my best to prepare for this.  And then next week it is full on, with Tuesday and Thursday already full, with a couple more appointments still to be made.  I'm doing my usual worry about some of them, but am working hard at the preparation.

This morning the kids and I walked Lottie the dog, then popped to the local cafe which is pretty ace and had coffee and an early lunch.  They played in the back room, and I read the paper.  I'm sure it will come as no surprise to some that I hadn't a clue as to who Ashton Agar was/is (I was seeing 'tweets' on him last night, thinking 'what??????'), until I read the paper in the cafe this morning.  In fact, I had no idea that the Ashes was even on...  Who's shaking their head in despair? 

Today I popped in to Caulfield Racecourse for a few races.  It was nothing to get excited about, but good to see a few friends.  My dad took my kids to the movies while I went out (which means they are going to have to sit through Monsters University twice, because I want to see it too!) so that was nice of him.   The rain has settled in, so I'm not sure if the football match that we were invited to watch will go ahead.  I'm not sure of what the football in the rain policy is in Melbourne, but Heath has reminded me several times about going to watch the match so that he can see his 'new' friend again (I do keep trying to remind him that frequently we meet friends in the park, and only play with them once or twice, and that you can't always be sure you will bump into them again) so I'm hoping the rain stops by 10am.

King Pin.  Redoute's Choice at Arrowfield Stud last December.  This shoot was a struggle.  Horses like him make it worthwhile.
"Chargey"..  Charge Forward at Arrowfield Stud.



Not a Single Doubt.  Arrowfield Stud.

The Boss...  Redoute's Choice.  Arrowfield Stud.

Snitzel at Arrowfield Stud


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses