The King

Well, I was told it would happen..  Such is the following of a particular thoroughbred.  Public adulation of a horse.  It's what keeps me involved in racing.  When the public at large bond with a particular racehorse, and when I am able to photograph such a horse, it makes me feel very fortunate.  I've had it with a number of Australian champions on the track.

It is with true excitement and joy that I now have the very great champion Animal Kingdom (Leroidesanimaux - Dalicia) here as one of my "New Boys" at Arrowfield Stud.  I was told that his arrival on Australian shores would create great interest from his overseas fan base, and that my photographing him would also create interest as well.  It would appear that this advice was sound!

I am delighted that so many of his fans are continuing to follow the horse's progress.  I will be spending 2-3 days with "Your Boy" later this month.  The photographs I have posted are really only a sneak peek at the horse you all love so much.

And this morning I woke up to an email from Kathleen Irwin.  She and he husband bred, owned and managed him.  I felt thrilled to hear from her, and so pleased that she had experienced such a wonderful ride with this horse, who is clearly remarkable.

Again, I thank Arrowfield Stud for entrusting me with their precious stallion roster.  I wasn't able to travel overseas (young kids make that a tricky exercise at present) to photograph Animal Kingdom in Dubai (I'd have loved to have gone), and I was also deep in the Famous Pony's Farewell Tour at the time too.  But to be able to do him at stud, in his new career, is a rare privilege.

For those who missed the first post, this is the link to the post I did after my first meeting with my "New Boy", where yes, I did feed him peppermints...


Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pictures of the majestic AK. He looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see your update on him later this month. We all miss him so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :: Superbe ... I knew you would photograph him beautifully. ~ European Racehorse

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks wonderful - thank you for allowing us to still "see" him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fabulous photos of the King. And thanks for sharing them with us.
    I'm sure you will be taking photos of your favorite pony, Black Caviar, as well. And I am looking forward to those photos as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses