Vale Nathan Berry

I feel too sad to write much.  And I didn't actually know Nathan well.  His twin brother Tommy I got to know a little bit better through my work with little Karuta Queen.  In tragic news Nathan died today in Sydney.  The fact that they managed to get him home before he died is a very small consolation.  

His loss is immeasurable.  His family's pain must be indescribable.  He got married to Whitney in February, she's been by his bed since he fell ill.  Can you imagine losing your soulmate and the love of your life??  The grief must be immeasurable and I can hardly bear to think about it.  To Tommy who's lost his twin, and his parents who've lost their son.  

Slipper Day will be a grey and dark affair.  Blue falls the rain?  I think that this is true.

Nathan Berry shared a special bond with his twin brother Tommy (right, in the silks) as shown after Tommy's win on Overreach in the 2013 Golden Slipper



Nathan Berry winning the 2014 Magic Millions on Unencumbered.  The colt will surely now start the sentimental favourite in the Slipper on Saturday.  The day will seem incredibly sad, and if the colt wins I'm sure I will not be the only one who will struggle to cope with their emotions.
 























Comments

  1. Thank you Bronnie for your thoughts and photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses