All I want for Christmas is........ to be a Melbourne Girl at last

Today I got the phone call we have been desperately waiting to receive, which was to tell me that we've got a house in Melbourne.  We won't be living right in Melbourne of course, we will be in a lovely tranquil environment, with a lovely drive up the freeway into Melbourne itself.

I've been looking for houses since July.  First I'd hoped to buy, but things didn't move quickly enough for this.  So we are renting for a short while longer, and that is ok.  Our new house is lovely.  It is new.  It has the biggest, and newest looking kitchen.  And oh goodness me, it has a dishwasher!!!!  For those who know the kitchen we've had these past 12 months is ordinary.  And that's being kind.  And we'll have 2 PROPER bathrooms, like really nice bathrooms too.

The removalist trucks will arrive here in Canberra on 4th January, with delivery to the Peninsula on the 5th.  I can't begin to say how much this means to us.  I have to admit that I am suddenly feeling like I am turning around and around in circles, looking and wondering "How on earth do I do this?  What first.  What next, in what order do I do this??"  And it's natural to want to share this information with family, and good friends....  What was it I read about important friendships this weekend??  I guess it can't feel truer than it does this evening.

But while I try to get my head around the enormity of the task at hand, all I can think about is that I am going to be a Melbourne Girl at last, with a real (03) phone number, and the kids are going to go to a truly wonderful school and grow up in a really gorgeous area.

As a side, my website seems to definitely be down at present, which is really annoying.  Humble pleading and abject apologies.  The hosting people are, it would appear, crap..  Changes may well be afoot on that front I suspect as well.


Let the whirlwind commence....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses