Nelly's Beach

I'm in a little reflective mood this evening, and perhaps because I've only just revisted one of my favourite spots in Melbourne where I normally go with the Famous Pony, my mind wandered back to Blue Diamond Stakes Day 2012.  

The day had started off ok, but a killer heatwave led to the day deteriorating rapidly. At the end of the day, I drove myself down to the beach that Nelly swims at.  It was different to driving there in the pre-dawn darkness, and as with the other morning when I was also flustered and hopeless, I got lost.

These were the images I took that evening, on Saturday 25 February 2012, as the sun set at Nelly's Beach.  After I took them I put my camera under my towel and had a short swim (not in very deep, I am scared of sharks!).  After my swim I sat on the sand, for some reason shivering despite the oppressive heat, for the next half an hour before driving home in the dark to my sister's house.












The Blue Diamond race series for 2013 has just commenced, and we saw and I photographed a terrific little chestnut filly from Adelaide win the Fillies Preview race last Saturday.  She could well go all the way.

Miracles of Life (Not a Single Doubt - Dazzling Gazelle)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses