What is it about Black Horses with me???

It's a nice thing when people trust you with their horses.  Lenny, who straps the wonderful mare Hot Danish, who's been a great favourite of mine for some years now, and I decided we would swap jobs at Flemington the day before the Cup.

I'd been at the pool getting some more photos of the horses swimming, and he turned up with the lovely mare again.  We had a bit of a chat while he swam her, and I asked how she'd pulled up from the Myer (sore and sorry was the answer).  The poor baby had tried her heart out in the rain on Saturday, she's just so brave.  It's one of the reasons she's got such a following.

Lenny brought another horse, Jersey Lilly, for a swim, and asked if I wanted to drop by and see the mare, saying he'd get a picture of me if I wanted.  'Uh, YYYYEEEESSSSSS!' being my answer!  I stayed long enough to get the delightful sequence of the big horse Shocking in the pool (see out and about at Flemington), then headed off to find him and the mare.

We were chatting, and then he handed me the lead when he grabbed some carrots.  I gave her a carrot, and handed Lenny my camera, and then said 'shall I lead her out?', and so out I went, with the gorgeous Hot Danish in my possession for the next 10 minutes.  She's lovely.  She's tall!  Much taller than my lovely mare Freelance, and when I said thanx for trusting me with her, Lenny replied simply that when I'd said I had a horse, he was sure it would be fine. 

We had a nice time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses