Out and About at Living Legends

Whenever I'm in Melbourne I catch up with the very hard working veterinarian and CEO of Living Legends, Andrew Clark, and it usually involves some very enjoyable time updating their image library. I love seeing 'my boys' again, and it's particularly nice to be able to see the horses enjoying their retirement. They have been wonderful boys, and have given me so much over the years, that even in a small way, it is reward enough for me to help the farm out in any small way that I can.

Featured today are "The Cat" (Apache Cat), Northerly, Rogan Josh and Better Loosen Up. There is more material to come of old Doriemus, Paris Lane and Regal Roller. I ran out of time for the darling Might and Power, but he did of course come over and have a couple of carrots and a cuddle.


Below are paddock mates Better Loosen Up (or 'BLU' as he's affectionately known) and Doriemus. Both horses look unbelievably well. BLU is now getting on in years, after all, it's 20 years since he won the Cox Plate in 1990, and Doriemus had major surgery for a nasty colic attack not so long ago. The paddocks are looking much better for all the recent rain, and they just looked great. I enjoyed it a lot.


Northerly (below) is still a silly and very big rat bag, and at the very bottom is the 1994 Caulfield Cup winner, Paris Lane. The latter is very reluctant to engage with people, which given the love and care lavished on all of these horses is surprising. But he's probably earned the right to be left in peace if that's what he does indeed actually want!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses