Zipping


Here is the ageless warrior of the Australia Turf, the great Zipping.  He's 9 years old now, but has just had his best ever season.  It took So You Think to deny him a Cox Plate on his resume.  And that's of course after he finished third to that same horse in 2009 and second in 2008 to Maldivian.  This year he won the Australian Cup and Turnbull Stakes, both at Group 1 level, but his real claim to fame, and the love of the Australian public has been his four straight wins in the Sandown Classic, culminating in his gritty win last weekend, on a heavy track, after a courageous 4th to Americain in the Melbourne Cup.  

I'm sad to say that I do not have ANY of the aforementioned wins on file.  I should have been there for the Australian Cup, but it was run a week later than the meeting I attended, which was abandoned due to a freak storm, and the Sandown Classic comes at the end of a long succession of being away on the weekend, so I've typically finished the carnival with Melbourne Cup Week.

What I did get to do though, was photograph him at his home, at the picturesque Macedon Lodge, and that was a lovely thing to be able to do.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses