Happy Days

The days seem lovely at the moment.  My mare is here, and somehow many things seem right in the world.  In recent news it was announced that the gorgeous Fiorente is going to stand at stud right here in Victoria at Eliza Park Stud.  

I'm delighted about this.  He's a smashing horse.  A real individual.  And I loved him as a racehorse and I hope I come to love him as a stallion as well.  His breeding is different.  He's an Irish bred stallion, from the Germany stallion Monsun.  I'm not familiar with this sireline, however he's a prolific sire of G1 winners in the Northern Hemisphere, including sons Manduro and Novelist.  He joins fellow Melbourne Cup winner Americain at stud in Victoria and will I hope lead a resurgence of Australian bred stayers that can begin competing with the current dominance of the northern hemisphere bred stayer.  A girl can hope...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses