3 Sleeps for the Famous Pony. And the week ahead

There are now only 3 sleeps until the Famous Pony Black Caviar runs at Moonee Valley for the 24th time in the G1 William Reid Stakes. This week is a little bit crazy for me.  This is what it looks like:

Wednesday:   Set alarm for 4am, to leave home at  5am to catch 6.30am flight to Melbourne for a very important photoshoot. Fly home at 2.15pm.

Thursday:  Work all day

Friday: catch 10.20am flight to Melbourne, arrive at 11.30am.  Have a little sojourn out in the country just for fun.  Drive back to The Valley arriving by 4pm I hope for the William Reid Stakes meeting.  They are predicting 25,000 people, so it will be like Cox Plate Day.  The Famous Pony Black Caviar races at 9.55pm.  I might get home by midnight and perhaps to sleep around 1am? 

Saturday: leave house at 6am, for a 7.30am flight to Sydney. Drive to Rosehill Gardens, and then photograph two important Golden Slipper lead up race, and the G1 Ranvet, Coolmore and Canterbury Stakes.   Drive back to the airport and catch a plane back to Canberra landing around 9.40pm. 

Apart from all of this frenetic activity, here is a little look at the might horse Hay List, the only horse to ever stretch the great Famous Pony Black Caviar.  He made his return to racing from serious injury at Warwick Farm last Saturday.  It was great to see him back. On Sunday I went to the fancy chocolate shop which was fun. While in there I received a call from a man we took photographs of with Black Caviar. I have promised to get his photos to him. If truth be known I was far happier when doing what had become my normal chocolate shopping. But at least the kids enjoyed their chocolates. 
Having done this, I must pack my camera bag for the morning.  No.....  I did not charge my camera batteries this time.  I left them as they were, with just the 1 bar missing..

Hay List.  Photo by Bronwen Healy




Hay List parades before the race.  Photo by Bronwen Healy





Hay List going to the barriers.  Photo by Bronwen Healy






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses