Rain!!

No wonder I haven't been able to ride the mare this week!  In addition to only having had one child free day this week, it also has NOT stopped raining since about 4am on Sunday morning.  Canberra has had 90mm of rain in 4 days.  The kids are sick of it, I don't think I am yet, but I wouldn't mind a break in the weather tomorrow, as I was hoping to get the pony out of the paddock and work her.  Surely the snakes will be sensible and holed in a burrow somewhere????

These are photos of the hail storm I snapped briefly this afternoon.  Poor Dan was stuck out in it!!!  Dear Dan!  Incidentally the thing that looks like a river is actually the road.  The ground is so drenched that the water runs off immediately.  Presumably straight underneath the shed door.  I don't think we've been game to go and have a look.  The dogs were begging to come in before the storm actually hit in earnest, but honestly, I'm a cat person at heart, and really don't want smelly wet dogs inside the horse, no matter how pathetic a look they put on their face!

Footnote:  HUGE storm last night and rainfall total for the last 24 hours is now 90mm, meaning total for last 4 days rain is about 130mm.  Amazing....

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses