Full flight...

I sat up and watched the opening race of the 2012 Royal Ascot Carnival last night.  The very first race had the unbeaten UK superhorse, Frankel, running in it.  I've never sat up and watched Frankel live before.  He was breathtaking.  He made me sit up, and think 'oh goodness' to myself (because I was the only one in the room!).  He didn't just win.. He annihilated the rest of the field, with a complete display of brilliance and arrogance, setting sail for the post with ruthless determination.  

I will never be one to compare Frankel with Black Caviar, as I believe they are two totally different animals.  But if watching him has done anything, it has made me think 'Please Pete, just this once, let Lukey ride her out, let him say, let's show them what this baby can really do.  Turn her loose and ask her to run....'  That's all I want to see now.  Even if I can't be there to photograph her in all her glory, with all her flags flying!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses