All the Pretty Ponies

Black horses. There's just something VERY special about them. My favourite fictional horse was a black horse (yes, and of course a stallion to boot), his name was "The Black", from the popular "The Black Stallion" book series. I lived on it, and every now and again I get one of the books out and re-read them. My favourite racehorse was black, the legendary Kingston Town. Octagonal was very nearly black, and my other special boy, Lonhro, well, he was about as close to being black as they come!  One of my favourite racehorses of recent times was black, the grand mare Hot Danish. Black Caviar is technically brown, but in the middle of summer on a sunny day, her coat can actually appear towards the black end of the brown scale. So it is little doubt that I'm becoming very fond of this particular pony, my good friend Angela's second horse, Rhonda. He's gorgeous!!! 





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses