Pluses and minuses

I might have to list them to see which has more:

Pluses:

  1. I've photographed More Joyous and Black Caviar winning Group 1 races within 7 days of each other.  The fact that they were in different races means that there are winning shots of both of these great mares.   A match race would probably only end up being less than heartbreaking for me in the event of deadheat, because I am just so fond of both mares individually and I'd hate to see either lose, so good thing there will be no squaring off just yet?
  2. I've been very busy, and have had a lot of work on, meaning that the invoices and subsequent return for this month should be reasonably good.
  3. Touchwood, Dan's gotten us safely to and from Sydney now on three occasions.
  4. I am going to photograph some of my 'boys' (ie - stallions) at a major stud in the Hunter which is v good, and the accommodation will be lovely.  
  5. There was a line drawn in the sand almost a fortnight ago, about what can and can't be put up with.   
  6. More Joyous is running in the Doncaster Handicap this weekend.  
  7. Black Caviar is heading to Queensland, and I'm going to go and photograph her, and, touch wood, it would appear at this stage that there will be no argument about this one, which 2 weeks ago was a remote possibility?
  8. Does this mean that progress is afoot?  Or is it all smoke and mirrors in order to keep the status quo?
  9. I've picked up some really good, and important, clients who touch wood will like the material presented to them.
  10. I've put on a pony DVD, Phar Lap, to help inspire me with all the work. 
  11. After putting it off all day,  not to mention all year, I've phoned Subaru about a service for poor Dan.  He's probably a good 10,000km overdue for a service.  The lovely Bobby who's always so very nice to me, has taken pity on me and the many kilometres Dan has to drive this weekend, and has squeezed him in this Thursday.

Minuses:

  1. I made errors in Black Caviar and More Joyous' races, and felt cross at myself for not executing the races perfectly, and throwing away a handful of precious frames. 
  2. In Scone, I will be minus an assistant.  My usual helper has a pony arriving this week, and can't come.  This will make the trip and work a little bit more difficult, and less fun.
  3. A shower or two predicted for both Sunday and Monday in Scone.  Not a disastrous forecast, but not ideal..
  4. There is another mouse who's decided it should take up residence in the house, and my children are getting upset about it being trapped.  The little toad ran at me while I was sitting on the floor in the corner of my kitchen having a cup of tea, and made me spill my tea.
  5. I had no spare cash for the entry fees and also completely forgot about the deadlines, and therefore forgot to enter a competition I wanted to, for which I also had very good material for.  Sigh...  next year.
  6. Dan and I pulled up in the carpark at Rosehill Gardens on Slipper Day, and a well known journalist pulled up next to us.  Dan was covered in paddock dirt, and the kids have knocked one of his skirty board thingies loose and he's beginning to show his age.  The journalist's car was a gleaming and clean Mercedes.  The photographic and journalist professions are not, it would appear, on par!  
  7. I discovered on Saturday that a journalist has been put on full time at a place where I was told they couldn't afford a cent more than the peanuts they were paying me. 
  8. Not even my pony DVD is helping to cheer me up, and I'm making slow weather of all the work.  Too many others things on my mind....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses