Back on Track - at last

After what seemed like an eternity during the darkness that was The Great Lockdown (ie - during the now very famous Victorian 2nd COVID Wave) myself and my good friend and colleague Bruno finally managed to get back on track in Victoria.  It had been 6 months since we had picked up a camera on course and a marked the beginning of the end of a period of immense angst, frustration and financial stress.  Added to the stress was that full time industry photographers in Victoria were treated so differently to those across Australia and the world.

We made it back in time for Caulfield Guineas Day.  It’s a really terrific day of racing, one that I’ve never missed since 1995.  Even the lure of The Everest could not force me to miss Guineas Day, it’s one of the great days on the Australian Turf. I won’t deny that I felt hideously out of practice and was dead worried I would have lost my touch.  We were positioned at about the 150m mark, and had no viewable access to the mounting yard or the horse stalls (bugger), but at least we were back.   

Massive thanks to all of our clients who have stuck with us through thick and thin, and written letters of support for us, and to the friends from interstate who kept in communication with us.  We didn’t want to be absent and it’s wonderful to be back on track.


DIRTY WORK (Written Tycoon) wins the G2 Schillaci Stakes




Odeum (Written Tycoon) wins the G1 Thousand Guineas




Bred by Rick Jamieson, Gilgai Farm produced yet another multiple Group 1 winner to add to Helsinge's legacy.  She's the dam of unbeaten BLACK CAVIAR (The Famous Pony), 4 time G1 winner ALL TOO HARD and NATURALE, now the dam of G1 Caulfield Guineas winner OLE KIRK (sired by WRITTEN TYCOON)











FAKE LOVE (I am Invincible) wins the Debutant Stakes.  I felt impossibly nervous before the 1st race!



Another winner on the day for I Am Invincible, the sire of bonny mare FIESTA.


MR QUICKIE (Shamus Award) gives Jamie Kah a G1 win in the Toorak Handicap


Arcardia Queen defeats Russian Camelot in the G1 Caulfield Stakes








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses