The Big Horse - American Pharoah

I landed home in Australia this morning after my wonderful trip to America to photograph The Big Horse, the Triple Crown champion American Pharoah.   I will write about my trip more fully in the coming days, however for now here is a handful of images, along with my profound thanks to my partner Darren Tindale who held the fort so wonderfully here at home, to my dear friend Steve Haskin who helped me put the trip together without ever making me feel like it was a waste of money and effort, and to one of my very best friends Lyn Beaumont who accompanied me on the trip.  Without these precious people in my life I could never have undertaken a trip such as this.  

Steve writes "Hangin' with Haskin' for The Blood Horse and his piece on my trip can be found here.  He writes far more eloquently than I ever could, so it's best to leave the words to him...

The Big Horse.  American Pharoah.  Triple Crown Champion.  Arrives at Monmouth Park.



The Big Horse, American Pharoah, gallops for the first time at Monmouth Park as he prepares for The Haskell


Raceday.  The Big Horse, American Pharoah, jumps cleanly and leads them out of the straight in The Haskell.

Never out of first gear.  The Big Horse.  Glorious in victory in the Haskell.






Pioneerof The Nile - sire of The Big Horse.  Photographed at WinStar Farm.  Versailles, Kentucky.



Littleprincessemma.  Dam of The Big Horse.  Photographed at Summer Wind Farm.  Kentucky.

Irish Pharaoh.  The weanling full brother to The Big Horse, American Pharoah.  Photographed at Summer Wind Farm, Kentucky.



Comments

  1. You photos of the great Champ are lovely! You really capture his grace and power and how special he truly is. Are these prints available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You photos of the great Champ are lovely! You really capture his grace and power and how special he truly is. Are these prints available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Heather. Thank you very much. It was such a terrific experience to photograph the horse. I wish I could come back for the Breeders' Cup, but it really is just too expensive.

      Yes, you can buy some prints. I've put some galleries of him up on my website and you can purchase prints directly from there. The url is: http://www.bronwenhealy.com.au/american-pharoah

      Warm Regards
      Bronwen

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses