The Return of the Queen. Black Caviar trialled this morning

I'm staying down in Melbourne for most of January, because of the opportunity to house sit my aunt's flat in Carlton.  It's a lovely little spot.  I'm getting better at navigating my way to and from my usual haunts via the new destination.  I've gotten very used to finding my own to everywhere from my sister's house, and so the Carlton address is bringing new challenges to the Canberra Gal, but some success too, following some wise advise from friends and family.

This morning I got up early to see one horse, and even then, I wasn't sure she would be there.  It had been suggested that Black Caviar would have a 'jump out' this morning, in the unofficial trials they hold at Caulfield every Tuesday.  Although there was no list of horses, and no confirmation she was trialling, from a decent distance away (all the way up the back straight, I was positioned on the home turn), I spotted her.  She is all brown, with no white markings, but she is distinctive, in the way she carries her head and her general manner.  

She won her trial, over 800m, in 46.34 seconds, by at least 6 lengths, with the hapless field trailing in her wake.  Apparently her time was at least 3 seconds faster than anything else that morning.

She looked strong.  Focused.  Determined.  And blindingly fast..  The Pony is back in town!!!






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses