Sarah Jessica Parker at Flemington on Ladies Day

I've taken so many photographs over the past 3 weeks that I am losing track of where I'm up to and what I've finished.  As a result, the results of the Spring are a little slow appearing on this Blog.  For that I apologise.  As part of the catching up regime, I am breaking with the norm, and popping on here some photographs of another type of star.  Consistent with the Girl Power theme that has dominated my writing, the individual is, quite rightly a she, but she's not a horse.  Yes, she's a person, and she was at Flemington on Thursday 3 November 2011.  

Her name?  Carrie Bradshaw.  Oh...  I mean Sarah Jessica Parker of Sex and the City fame.  This very famous actress, and style and fashion icon, graced the hallowed turf of Flemington on Ladies Day.  She was the special guest of the VRC, and it was with genuine excitement that I read that she would be presenting the trophies to the winning connections after the G1 Oaks.  The crowd, predominately female, went just a little bit crazy as she arrived on course, driven up the course proper in a little buggy, and ushered into the mounting yard like royalty.  She was flanked by security guards and her many many fans rushed to the fence, crying out and waving.  She smiled that famous smile and waved back.  

My dear friend Saskia, who's absolutely stunning in her own right, and is these days dressed to the nines in gorgeous outfit after gorgeous outfit, came running up to me in the mounting yard, literally falling over in excitement, saying that she'd just met SJP and that SJP had said she looked gorgeous!  I was green with envy!  Not that I'd have drawn such a comment, as I was sporting a tremendously bruised and swollen jaw that day thanx to coming off second best in a stoush with my octopus strap whilst fixing my camera bag on its trolley on the way into the course!  On Oaks Day of all days!!!!

There were so many cameras in the mounting yard for the presentation, and the shutters were going at fever pitch.  It was genuinely exciting, and I really did feel lucky to be there, and posted on my Facebook page shortly afterwards that I'd just photographed Sarah Jessica Parker!  Enjoy!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses