Mighty Mares

Is it the feminist in us that delights when a mare takes all before her, walloping a succession of hapless rivals?  Perhaps it is, or maybe it is because we get to enjoy them for longer because they don't get whisked off to stud at the hint of a cold or problem???

Australia and the world have been gifted with some true champion racemares.  I'd thought I'd kick off with our current sweetheart of the turf.  We are giddy with love with the great racemare WINX (Street Cry - Vegas Showgirl). 

Watching me watching you.  Full frame with a 500mm lens, Winx canters past me.  She doesn't miss much.

2016 George Ryder Stakes (G1)

2016 George Ryder Stakes (G1).  My lovely Darren's handiwork with the remotes.  Mostly I lose interest in remotes because I'm not physically taking them.  I've even been known to completely forget to turn the wretched pocket wizard on!  Darren's much more reliable and he gets some good images and importantly makes me look good!


WINX is captured here in 2016 emulating my love, my darling, the mighty SUNLINE who won the Cox Plate in 1999 and 2000.  I was speechless...

WINX takes her first Cox Plate in 2015.  She doesn't lead like the great Sunline used to do, but she snuck through the rails and led them a merry dance around the home turn before powering away to win by 5 lengths.

WINX - Cox Plate 2015 - in glorious isolation.


And while some tried to boast they had rare and unique images of WINX at the beach, I was actually the first person to capture her in the salt water and they WERE exclusive.  Of course publishing them gave the secret away, but I was the first to get her...  Just saying...

I don't add lurid colours to my photographs, it's not my style, because I believe that colour ought to be got legitimately or not at all.  Both mornings were pretty gloomy and they were cold and windy.  But the great mare looked just that.  GREAT...  She made getting cold worthwhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses