Getting back on track

As I explained in my last post, I've been unwell and as a result I had stopped writing.  In fact I've had to stop doing a lot of things!  Thankfully I'm well on the way to recovery and that's a nice thing.  As such I'm getting back on top of things and resurrecting my Blog is part of that process.

While I am loath to begin posting again on the subject of the deaths of horses who have been important to me, that is what I will do because I think the horses' legacies deserve this.  The most recent horse to be lost was Burnstone.  Burnstone was a lovely little 2yo colt sired by 'my boy' Redoute's Choice, out of the mare Merlene de Lago who as her name suggests is a daughter of the 1996 Golden Slipper winner Merlene.  He had an apparent heart attack at trackwork and collapsed and died.  He'd won his only race at Sandown a couple of weeks ago and was considered a real chance in the Blue Diamond Stakes.  He was trained by Robbie Griffiths and all associated with the colt were shattered.  So was everyone at Arrowfield Stud who bred him. As was I. 

Burnstone (Redoute's Choice - Merlene de Lago) winning the Blue Diamond Preview at Sandown on 26 January 2015.



Merlene winning the 1996 Golden Slipper
The great sire himself, Redoute's Choice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses