Polishing the Jewel

We popped in to The Valley on Saturday.  The racing at this time of the year isn't the type I need to cover for my clients, as they typically need stakes races.  It is good to go along still to see everyone and to keep my reflexes sharp.  There was also a tall, slender black mare at The Valley early on that I wanted to see.  As is my want, I find myself becoming fond of the mare we now call "CJ".  Yes, it was Commanding Jewel.  My lovely little Jessica is getting a lovely collection of images of herself with good race horses.

Our weekend has been very nice.  I feel like life is pretty good right now.  Tomorrow I will pop Freelance on the lunge and organise a few photoshoots for this week and next.  On Wednesday I have a shoot on that I'm looking forward to.  I'm also in the process of organising Freelance a permit so that she can be worked on the beach.  It is so close to our paddock and it promises to be a lot of fun.  The salt water should be terrific for her joints.  Her coat is beginning to glow with good health.  Like us she seems very happy.  It's not as cold here and that should help her too.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses