Drawing breath, and beginning the catching up

I'm sitting, finally, in my new lounge room at my desk.  Although we moved in on 31 March, I've only spent a total of 7 nights here in my new home, because of the amount of time I have spent 'on the road', and it feels nice to be here again.  And it's fair to say that this Blog has been hopelessly neglected during the last 6 weeks or so.  And for that, I am sorry.

There's been a lot going on, so it has not been a lack of equine or photographic activity that has caused this Blog to lie idle.   However the search for, and eventual success in finding a new house had to take priority, and then moving during what is my 2nd busiest time of the year, well, it's a process.

So where to start?  I had to go back to my hard drives to recall exactly where I've been, but I was, officially, at Rosehill Gardens for the running of the Silver Slipper Stakes on 3 March 2012.  The highlight of the day was clearly the win of the handsome Lonhro colt Pierro, in the Silver Slipper.  This colt would remain unbeaten, and take the Todman Stakes, the G1 Golden Slipper Stakes (defeating the hot favourite Samaready), and then the G1 AJC Sires Stakes (where he defeated the boom colt, and half brother to the mighty champion and my darling Pony in Black Caviar, All Too Hard).

Pierro returned on 3 March 2012, and duly took the Silver Slipper.  2 from 2 for the handsome Lonhro colt..






Manawanui (right) was first across the line in the Hobartville, but lost the race on protest to the Gai Waterhouse trained Wild and Proud.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses